Saturday, January 15, 2011

Beautiful Humility

You are the people of God; He loved you and chose you for His own. So then you must put on compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. ~Colossians 3:12
 
Peace be with you, Princesses! Today we will discuss humility. Proverbs 11:2 says When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. The dictionary says that humility is a lack of false pride. This is something I struggle with so much! I sometimes don't even notice when the evil pride sneaks into my soul. Before long I cry out to God asking why I feel like I am off track. It is amazing how He gently points out my fault. My response is usually, Hey I didn't even realize that flaw in me! But there is a sweet blessing in God bringing a flaw to my attention. I repent, ask for His Grace and Strength to change and give it over to Him. This processes never ceases to humble me! Humility takes the place of my flaw and His presence is so noticeable to me! His Grace is enough! When we have His grace it shows in our physical appearance too! Sometime I just want to shout, Isn't He great?!
 
 
Proverbs 18:12:
Before a downfall the heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
 
In Christ,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment